Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You're Welcome TOMS

I love seeing progress. Its been a small passion of mine for awhile. I like the idea of it, I like the impact of it, and I like how its changing the way people do business and how people buy clothes. I'm talking about TOMS SHOES. I through the idea out to my high school students at PULSE and they jumped on board. At first we just wanted to raise money within our own ministry to help support TOMS. As word got out to others in our church we eventually did a huge shoe drive at Desert Springs and spent over $2,000 on shoes. We even donated the shoes that we purchased as a church to a local rescue mission in Indio. It has been fun to watch our students feel like they are making an impact on peoples lives while learning to give or their resources and possessions.
Thank you TOMS for leading by example, and to the students of PULSE, for having the heart of Christ and fueling our mission with the energy of youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment